Tradeweb Reports January 2019 Trade Volume
Jonathan Mairs, Tradeweb +1 (646) 430-6176
Susan Bennett, Tradeweb + 44 (0)20 3749 3316
NEW YORK – February 6, 2019 – Tradeweb Markets, a leading, global operator of electronic marketplaces for rates, credit, money markets and equities, today reported average daily volume of $624.5 billion in aggregate for the month of January 2019, representing a new record.
Activity on Tradeweb trading platforms in January included:
• Average daily volume (ADV) of $82.3 billion (bn) in U.S. government bonds and $21.9 bn in European government bonds
• $164.4 bn ADV in mortgages
• $141.4 bn ADV in rates derivatives
• $3.1 bn ADV in U.S. credit and $1.3 bn in European credit
• $885 mm in Chinese bonds
• $7.2 bn ADV in credit derivatives
• $171.4 bn ADV in repurchase agreements
• $3.4 bn ADV in U.S. exchange-traded funds (ETFs) and $1.5 bn in European ETFs
To access the complete report containing additional data points and commentary, go to https://www.tradeweb.com/newsroom/monthly-activity-reports/.
About Tradeweb Markets
Tradeweb Markets LLC is a leading, global operator of electronic marketplaces for rates, credit, money markets and equities. Founded in 1996, the company provides access to markets, data and analytics, electronic trading, straight-through-processing and reporting for more than 40 products to clients in the institutional, wholesale and retail markets. Advanced technologies developed by Tradeweb enhance price discovery, order execution and trade workflows while allowing for greater scale and reduced risks in client trading operations. The company serves approximately 2,500 clients in more than 60 countries. In an average trading day, Tradeweb facilitates more than $540 billion in notional value. For more information, please go to www.tradeweb.com.